I happy to announce that we have released the Component Pack 126.96.36.199 for IBM Connections 6.0 CR1. What is this component pack? It is a package of multiple components based on the Pink technology. It does not only contain OM 188.8.131.52, but also the IBM Connections Customizer as well as the new elastic search component, that will allow you to get rid of the Cognos Servers for Metrics and use the new Metrics instead. What is the Connections Customizer? The Connections Customizer is a component that allows you do all of your Connections customizations on this Proxy between your users and your Connections system without having to alter the actual server.
So we are doing the next step in our transition to Pink. If you did not have a look at the Pink components, yet, because Orient Me was not enough of a reason to do so for you, then now is the time to rethink!
So in a nutshell, what’s new?
- containerized metrics (replacing Cognos-based metrics app)
- user-prefsNew components:
- Firewall support
- Docker now configured with devicemapper storage
- Installation using helm charts for all components.
- Artifacts now deployed to a namespace.
- Starter Stack – deploy only the components you want.
- Additional uninstall thoroughness options (clean, cleaner, cleanest)
- Enhanced deployment environment validation
- Deployment proxy support
- SELinux support
- Automatic enablement of Redis traffic to the Orient Me home page
You can find the installation instructions as always in the Knowledge Center.
To get an overview of what you can do with the Customizer, have a look at these youtube videos!